Wednesday, July 7, 2010

Lacking Motivation

I hope everyone had a fabulous 4th of July weekend. I had a lot going on this weekend, so it was a busy one. Saturday, I cooked a meal that was all completely new to me. It all turned out very tasty. Kelsey and Rebecca joined us for dinner and then we were going to go see fireworks at KaBoom Town, but the rain (and fear of a muddy mess) kept us away. Sunday, I went to church and then that night, we surprised my stepdad (Brian) by meeting him and my mom and their small group from church at Vapiano in Mockingbird Station. If you've never been there, you've got to try it! Their chicken pesto pizza is amazing and the chicken alfredo is delicious as well. Then on Monday, Joe and I spent some time laying by the pool, since the sun finally decided to come back out. And then, we went to Fair Park to see fireworks! I was so happy! I just love fireworks, and it doesn't feel like the 4th of July if I haven't seen them!

In other news, I'm lacking motivation for running this week. I think I got myself worried about it because I looked ahead to see what Week 4 would hold for me, and it seems like more running than I'm ready for. Joe assured me that it's a mind game, and that I'll be fine. I guess I'm about to find out, because I'm heading to the gym soon.

Also, a big shout out to my roomie: Happy Birthday Kat! I'm looking forward to Sprinkles cupcakes tonight! :)


"Never be lacking in zeal, but keep your spiritual fervor, serving the Lord. Be joyful in hope, patient in affliction, faithful in prayer" - Romans 12:11-12

No comments:

Post a Comment