Monday, August 2, 2010

Catching Up

Five things you've missed in the last few weeks:

1. Joe and I had a blast on the cruise!


Ice cream at least three times a day made me very happy!

2. I got to spend my birthday in Cozumel, which was so much fun!

Yummy cappuccino ice cream cake

3. Answered Prayers - Joe's dad is doing much better than he was two weeks ago. While we were on our cruise, he went to a cardiologist and they discovered some serious blockage in two of his arteries, so they put in stints. He has to wait 6 weeks before going to the neurologist for them to run some more tests to see if they can determine the cause of the seizure. All that being said, he's feeling better and that is a huge relief to everyone!

4. Camp Erin - I just spent three great days at Camp Erin. I was in a group with 2 male counselors (Cabin Big Buddies), and our campers were 4 sixth grade boys. I wasn't sure how I felt about having boy campers, but I ended up having a blast. Our team name was "Miranda and the Blues Brothers", and we had so much fun! If you don't know anything about Camp Erin, it is a camp for grieving children. It was different from any camp I've ever been a part of, and I loved it. Camp Erin is a nation wide camp, and if you want more info, you can check it out here: http://camperinworld.blogspot.com

5. Blessings - This past weekend at Camp Erin was a huge reminder of how grateful I am for every person in my life. I have a fantastic family that loves and supports me daily. I have friends that I love spending time with. I have a boyfriend that adores me. I have a new appreciation for how much God has blessed my life. I hope I never take those things for granted.


1 comment:

  1. Hey Miranda,
    Just found your blog! Looks like you guys had fun on the cruise, I'm so jealous. I hope you don't mind if I add you to my list of "blogs I visit"...because I already did ha. Hope all is well with you and Joe!

    Brittany

    ReplyDelete